Choosing a reputable breeder is crucial to ensuring you bring a healthy and well-adjusted Cane Corso into your home. Here are some tips to help you choose a reputable breeder:
- Research breeders: Start by researching breeders in your area and read reviews and testimonials from previous customers. Look for breeders who have a good reputation in the Cane Corso community and are known for breeding healthy and well-tempered dogs.
- Ask for references: Reputable breeders should have no problem providing references from previous customers or other breeders. Contact these references to ask about their experiences with the breeder.
- Visit the breeder’s facilities: Before choosing a breeder, make sure to visit their facilities and meet their dogs. Look for a clean and well-maintained environment, and make sure the dogs are healthy and well-cared for.
- Health screenings: Reputable breeders should have all of their dogs screened for common health problems, such as hip dysplasia, and should be able to provide you with health clearances for the parents of any puppies you’re considering.
- Contract and guarantees: A reputable breeder should provide a written contract and guarantee for their puppies. Make sure to carefully read the contract and understand the breeder’s policies on health, temperament, and return of the puppy.
- Ask about the breeding dogs: A reputable breeder should be able to tell you about the temperament, health, and background of both the dam and sire of any puppies you’re considering.
By following these tips and doing your research, you can find a reputable breeder who will provide you with a healthy and well-adjusted Cane Corso puppy.
Read more about:
Cane corso breed: Characteristics and Temperament
Article that may also interest you:
the different types of Cane Corso dogs
how to choose a reputable breeder
How large do Cane Corso dogs typically grow?
How much does it cost to adopt or buy a Cane Corso?
How tall is the biggest Cane Corso?
How big is a full grown Cane Corso?